Message from the Band Camp Committee –
Band and Orchestra Camp is just 4 weeks away!
The Band Camp Committee is hard at work organizing and preparing for this wonderful week to kick-off the 2014 Marching Season.
Below are some important dates and information.
NEW! DRIVE-BY BAND/ORCHESTRA CAMP REGISTRATION PACKET PICK-UP: (Location: MCHS parking lot in front of the band room.)
- · Friday, August 1st 6-8pm
- · Saturday, August 2nd 9-11am
*Packets will not be mailed out. Please plan on having your child’s packet picked up by an adult.
Completed packets can be turned in at one of the following dates and times:
REGISTRATION DATES & TIMES FOR BAND, COLOR GUARD, AND ORCHESTRA (Location: Band Room)
- · Saturday, August 9th – 9:00am-1:00pm
- · Monday, August 11th – 7:00am-7:30am and 6:30pm-7:30pm
- · Tuesday, August 12th – 7:00am-7:30am
Please Note: Medical form(s) need to be filled out and MUST be signed by a parent at registration
VOLUNTEERS AND DONATIONS NEEDED
Lunch will be provided at band camp, Tuesday, August 12th-Monday, August 18th and orchestra camp, Wednesday, August 13th-Friday, August 15th.
In order to keep the cost of band camp affordable, we are seeking 1) donations of various lunch items and 2) volunteers to help with Set-up, Serve Lunch and Clean-up.This is a GREAT way for parents to get to know each other and see how band works. Plus it’s FUN!
Please go to https://www.volunteersignup.org/BDJJF to see how you can help and sign up to volunteer and/or donate for Band/Orchestra Camp.
The attire for the Band Camp concert is the Official Mt. Carmel red polo shirt. This polo is part of the Marching Sundevils uniform. If you need to order one, please click on the link below for the order form. (Orders are due by August 5th in order to arrive in time for the concert.)
MARK YOUR CALENDARS: BAND AND ORCHESTRA CAMP DATES & TIMES
Monday, August 11th
- 7:30am – 3:30pm Band Camp week starts for Incoming Freshman, New Students to Band, Color Guard & Leaders
- (Please bring your own lunch)
- 7:00 – 8:00pm New Parent Meeting for all Band, Color Guard and Orchestra Students in Band Room
Tuesday, August 12
- 8:00am – 5:00pm Camp starts for all Band and Color Guard Students
Wednesday, August 13
- 8:00am – 5:00pm Camp continues for all Band and Color Guard Students
- 10:00am – 2:00pm Camps starts for all Orchestra Students
Thursday, August 14
- 8:00am – 5:00pm Band Camp continues
- 10:00am – 2:00pm Orchestra Camp continues
Friday, August 15
- 8:00am – 4:00pm Band Camp continues
- 10:00am-2:00pm Orchestra Camp continues
Band, Color Guard, Orchestra Students & Families
- 5:00pm – 6:30pm, Potluck at the MC Stadium
- 7:00pm – 8:00pm, Concert – MC Stadium
Monday, August 18
8:00am – 3:00pm Band Camp continues
**PLEASE HAVE YOUR STUDENT BRING SUNSCREEN & PLENTY TO DRINK EACH DAY**
Please remember to go to https://www.volunteersignup.org/BDJJF to sign up for volunteer shifts and donations. Thank you in advance for your generosity! For volunteer/donation questions, please contact Lisa Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to another great year!