MCHSCG runs on volunteers and they can’t do it without YOU. See below for the various ways you can help your student’s team.
- Supervision: Involves supervision of the team during performances and tournaments which may include assistance with costumes, hair, makeup, equipment, water/snacks and escorting to/from venue. All parent supervisors must complete and receive Level I “Megan’s Law” clearance (click here for form).
- Camp Carpool: Provide transportation help for team members to/from day camps/practices to assist parents who have transportation limitations due to work schedules. This is INFORMAL and intended to help accommodate the parents of non-drivers.
- Event Carpool: Provide transportation for team members to distant performances when buses are not provided. All drivers must receive district approval by completion of both the “Private Vehicle Transportation for Students” (click here for form) and level I “Megan’s Law” clearance (click here for form).
- Flags / Sewing / Arts N Crafts: YOU DO NOT NEED TO SEW TO HELP. Involves simple construction (cutting, pinning, ironing) and sewing of flags or other necessary props, supplying of sewing machines and other needed implements (irons, scissors). Usually done during Wed night practices or on a take home basis.
- Props: GREAT FOR DADS!!. Involves painting, simple construction, and/or procurement of show based props as identified by the band director or coach.
- Fundraising: Involves assisting with fundraising ideas, contacts, organization and supervision of team fundraising activities.
- Hair/Makeup: Assist with pre-event make-up and hairstyling. Need will be based on the complexity of the show’s hair and make-up design.
- Uniforms: Involves initial field show and parade costume fittings and distribution, costume monitoring and coordination of repairs.
- Team Photography/Videography: All photos/videos welcome but we specifically need parents with high quality equipment to shoot candids at practices and events. Photos/videos will then be uploaded to the designated location and compiled for students and parents to view and download.
- Other: Please let us know of any special skills or contacts you have which can assist the team.
To volunteer or for question please email MCHSCG@gmail.com